Tuesday 23 April 2013

I felt that...

Some inkling today of how I'll feel at the end of the full week. I'd been idly writing mental blogs about how I hoped I'd be really tired after it all but with a big sense of satisfaction & pride. And hopefully with FRED's coffers a little fuller. 

Having pushed myself to work at it yesterday, I can now tell you I already have some of that feeling. And I can tell that by the Wednesday my immediate family (love me though they do and supportive as they are) may well be putting up with a grumpy Catherine. A tetchy overtired Catherine. A potentially petulant reverting to 3 year old type Catherine. 


I think we might need some extra donations in sympathy for all they're going to have to go through too.....don't you? 

Mary Moore, a Facebook friend of mine, couldn't think of any swimming advice as such but told me of a game she and her sister used to play while swimming:


"we met in the middle, doing our lengths and said a word. The other person would then have to think of a word beginning with the last letter of that word and pass it on at the next meeting and so on. No repetitions allowed, so it eventually becomes difficult."

and for giving me that I get to mention the non-profit theatre group Mary's involved with: The Hexagon Theatre Company. 

In case you haven't got Facebook you can buy tickets for their latest production, 'Blackbird' on this week 25th to 27th April 2013 at 7.30 pm at the Cotswold Playhouse and billed as:  "A tense, edge-of-your-seat drama. A man has an unexpected meeting with a woman from his past, and their earlier relationship comes under close scrutiny. Where will your sympathies lie? Will it be a clear-cut, straightforward choice for you?  What will it lead to?"

We play a game like Mary's in our family too (though never in the pool). We call it 'what does it make you think of?' - you say a word, and the next person says the single word your word made them think of. Kids love it. I wonder if it's difficult to play these games & enjoy them if not being able to read has meant your vocabulary is smaller or you can't work out what the last letter would be?  

As always, if you're enjoying this blog please consider donating to FRED by sending a cheque for Forest Read Easy Deal to: 

Frank Rainer, Treasurer, Oaklands, George Road, Yorkley, Lydney, Gloucestershire, GL15 4TL

and please send me your swimming tips, & I'll advertise your cause / business on the blog.

Many thanks

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment